Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mario Bros (Chocolate) Cake


Life, where are you going? You're whizzing right by me everyday! Sometimes I wake up and think, wait a second... where have the past few years gone? Life, slow down! You're going by way too fast!!

My nephew's birthday was this past weekend, and I'm baffled at the fact that he is now eight years old! I remember the day he was born... I remember getting the call from my sister saying her first little baby was here and then rushing up to the hospital to hold him in my arms. I was in such awe over him! I was delighted to finally be an aunt!! But now, my little buddy isn't a baby anymore... He's now a super inquisitive, extremely bright, creative and funny little man who loves video games! :) So for his birthday party, I made this deliciously chocolate Mario Bros cake. 
I went with the Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake recipe. The flavor was chosen (without hesitation) by the birthday boy himself. The Hershey recipe is super easy, super moist, and super delicious! Yum and fun... What more can a kid ask for? :)

11 comments:

Lauren on May 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM said...

My son would love that!

Annie Oakley's Kitchen on May 19, 2011 at 8:32 AM said...

Happy Birthday to your nephew! That cake is so cute! It reminds me of the Big Bird cake my Mom made for me when I was little.

RavieNomNoms on May 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM said...

That is just too cute, I am sure he was thrilled with it! Happy Birthday to Grant!

adorasbox on May 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM said...

Grant is one lucky little guy. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to bits. Happy birthday Grant!

Kate@Diethood on May 19, 2011 at 4:22 PM said...

That is soooo cool!!
Happy Birthday Grant!

BeeMore on May 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM said...

Happy Birthday Grant! Awesome cake!

Torviewtoronto on May 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM said...

looks wonderful delicious

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake on May 20, 2011 at 6:03 AM said...

WOW! Your nephew must have been thrilled with this wonderful cake!

Carolyn on May 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM said...

Wow, did you do all that decorating? I am so impressed, there is no way I could do such a beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Grant LOVED this cake! He's had leftovers EVERY day this week.
Additionally, his dad, not a dessert guy, raved how yummy the cake was. It was very moist, creamy and super cute!

Baking Serendipity on May 24, 2011 at 4:44 PM said...

This cake reminds me of my childhood :) It looks fantastic!

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice