Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Deviled Eggs


My family members are huge fans of deviled eggs. I'm talking, huge fans! We love them. If ever there were a holiday where deviled eggs were not on the table, well... I'm really not sure what would happen. A holiday without deviled eggs is just unthinkable!
Typically, I make deviled eggs by adding a little of this and a little of that to the filling... tasting... then adding a little more of this and a little extra of that. So when I made a batch for Easter, I decided to measure out my ingredients and lock these down to a written recipe. They are delicious! And their presence will continue to grace the table at our holiday meals. Obviously, you don't have to wait for the next holiday to roll around before you crank out some tasty deviled eggs (because I definitely won't be waiting!). So whenever you're ready, here you go!

Ingredients
Yields 36 deviled eggs
18 large eggs
2/3 cup light mayo
2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper 
Paprika

Directions
Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. On the stove-top, bring water to a boil over high heat.  Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice water, and transfer eggs to the bowl to let cool for about 5 minutes.

Once eggs have cooled, crack and peel them. Cut eggs lengthwise down the center. Remove yolks and place in a small mixing bowl,  and arrange egg whites on a serving dish. Add mayo, mustard, pickle relish, salt and pepper to the bowl of yolks. Using a fork, mash ingredients together until well combined and smooth. Spoon filling into the hollow center of the eggs. (I placed filling in a piping tube fitted with a star tip for a fancier presentation.) Sprinkle with paprika.

4 comments:

Tiffany on May 10, 2011 at 2:14 PM said...

Gotta love the classics! ... And great photo!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs on May 11, 2011 at 2:07 AM said...

I haven't had a deviled eggs in such a long time. I am not sure why because I do like them a lot. Maybe it is because once I start I can't seem to stop. Your recipe looks great so I will have to try it over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is my long time favorite. Love them.... your dish and photos looks beautiful:)

Alil Country Sugar on May 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM said...

One of my favorite foods. And I do the same thing, "a little if this, and little of that".

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice