Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake


What's better than a homemade chocolate chip cookie? Um, I would say a 14-inch homemade chocolate chip cookie cake. :)

I made this cake for my sister in law's birthday. I've tried this recipe before, but it didn't really turn out as I had hoped due to the cheap disposable pan I was using. The flavor was definitely there though, so I tucked the recipe away... determined that I would eventually give it another shot. This time I made the commitment and bought a solid pizza pan (no more disposable!). I've wanted to try making homemade pizza anyway, so I figured the purchase was a valid one. My pan worked like a charm. This cookie cake was awesome! Now, I just have to commit to the pizza making. :)
The birthday girl seemed happy with her cake, and Matt has already put in a request for his birthday cookie cake. I figure, if my homemade pizzas don't work out, I'll justify the purchase of my pan with lots and lots of cookie cakes! This is a nice change up from the traditional layer cakes and super fun to decorate. Definitely a party pleaser!

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 container each of chocolate and vanilla frosting

Directions
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 14-inch, round pizza pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper with cooking spray; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, mixing until incorporated, then add vanilla extract and finish mixing. Fold in dark and white chocolate chips. Spread across the bottom of the prepared pan.

Bake until edges are golden and the cookie is set but the center is slightly soft, about 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Decorate with frosting. Cut into wedges to serve.

Source: adapted from foodnetwork.com

2 comments:

Carolyn on November 7, 2010 at 4:20 PM said...

yeah, I think a 14-inch cookie would be better than a regular old cookie! Glad the pan worked well. You decorated it beautifully.

Evan @swEEts on November 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM said...

I got a huge chocolate chip cookie for my bday last year :) What a great way to celebrate!

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice