Monday, November 29, 2010

Perfect Pecan Pie


It feels like forever since I've blogged, and I'm so happy to be back! :)

November is turning into a month when I can pretty much guarantee that I'm going to get sick. I thought I had escaped it this year, but it was just my luck that it crept up on me right before the holiday. Of course, shear panic ran over me as I started feeling icky... Thanksgiving was less than a week away... I needed to go grocery shopping... I needed to be healthy for a short work week... I was in charge of all the desserts this year, so I undoubtedly needed to be healthy for baking! Well, I wasn't able to go grocery shopping and I definitely didn't make it into work. But with the help of my amazing mom, I was still able to pull off all the planned desserts for Thanksgiving. Pecan pie is a must-have holiday dessert for my family, so I wanted to share this very tasty recipe with you because it will certainly find it's way back onto our table a couple more times this season!
Wow. Thanksgiving officially hazed right on by with loads of delicious food and lots of good ole family time. And the rest of the weekend was filled with Christmas shopping and decorating the house with festive adornments. Tree is up. Stockings are hung. There is garland a plenty. Oh don't you worry, I'm not going to let Christmas pass me by!

Ah, it's so good to be back to blogging (I have felt so out of touch!). Hope you enjoy this amazing recipe!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups shelled pecan halves
1 cup golden or light corn syrup
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
9-inch unbaked deep-dish pie shell

Directions
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread pecans on a large baking sheet; place in oven and toast pecans just until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.

In a medium bowl, whisk together syrup, brown sugar, salt, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, mixing each until just combined. Pour in pecans and stir to coat. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell. Adjust pecans so that they are evenly distributed and right side up.

Place on center oven rack and bake for about 60-75 minutes, the center will puff slightly. You can serve warm or at room temperature.

Source: adapted from Bake Me More

5 comments:

adorasbox on November 30, 2010 at 5:38 AM said...

Pecans are my favourite nuts. Like it best with brown sugar. Yah, pecan pie is the best!

Amy Bakes Everything on November 30, 2010 at 6:42 AM said...

Yay pecan pie! Looks amazing!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE on November 30, 2010 at 10:29 AM said...

That is a lovely pie! Sadly, I didn't get a slice of pecan pie for Thanksgiving this year. We'll have to make one before Christmas!

Carolyn on November 30, 2010 at 3:35 PM said...

Ugh, sorry you got sick in the middle of the Thanksgiving madness! But your pie does indeed look perfect, so yay for your mum helping out!

Unknown on December 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM said...

It does look amazing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice